So, you’ve got your hands on the Miracle Gro Liquafeed and you’re ready to try it out on your blooming garden. But there seems to be a problem! For some reason, your sprayer is not dispensing any mixture!
Why is my Miracle Gro Liquafeed Sprayer Not Dispensing?
Your Miracle Gro Liquafeed Sprayer isn’t dispensing because the sprayer nozzle is blocked by debris. Similarly, keeping the sprayer at WATER settings will only spray out water instead of Miracle-Gro mixture.
So, you need to set the sprayer at FEED setting and clean the nozzle to ease the supply of the mixture.
There are some other miracle gro garden feeder troubleshooting that you should definitely check out. Have a read. It won’t take long!
Miracle-Gro Liquafeed Sprayer Not Dispensing: 4 Solutions
I’ll start off by mentioning all the reasons and their workarounds for the sprayer issue in short:
|The Dial is set to WATER settings||Set the dial to FEED settings.|
|Low water flow from the spigot||Increase the water flow from the spigot.|
|Clogged Sprayer Nozzle||Clean the nozzle with warm, soapy water.|
|Air Gap in the Hose||Clear out air gaps and fully submerge the hose in the container.|
Now that we’re aware of the root of the issue, let’s get them fixed.
Reason 1: Wrong Settings
The very first thing you need to check is the spray settings. The Miracle-Gro Liquafeed Sprayer comes with two settings. The WATER setting and FEED setting.
With a WATER setting, the sprayer only sprays out normal water from the spigot, without mixing the Miracle-gro mixture in the water.
On the other hand, the FEED setting introduces the mixture to the running water through the sprayer.
So, why is the Miracle-Gro sprayer not working?
It’s highly likely that the control knob of your Miracle-Gro Liquafeed sprayer is set to WATER settings. This is making your sprayer spray out regular water instead of dispensing the chemical mixture.
To solve this problem, turn the control knob to the FEED setting. This will ensure that the sprayer dispenses Miracle-Gro Liquafeed mixture.
After you’re done spraying the mixture on your plants, turn the control knob back to WATER settings to revert to regular watering.
Reason 2: Low Water Flow from the Spigot
The LiquaFeed sprayer relies on water pressure to mix with the fertilizer concentrate and dispense it. Low water pressure from the spigot will cause dispensing issues with your Miracle-Gro Liquafeed sprayer.
Increase the water pressure by increasing the water flow from the spigot. You’ll notice bubbles forming in the bottle once enough water pressure is exerted, helping in the mixture.
Doing so helps to clear out minute debris that might be blocking the sprayer nozzle. An increase in water flow also helps to push trapped air out of the sprayer, dispensing the mixture in the process.
Reason 3: Clogged Sprayer Nozzle
Over time, the sprayer will collect enough chemical residues and large debris that block the nozzle. This will restrict the sprayer from dispensing Miracle Gro mixture to the soil.
We need to unclog the sprayer nozzle to ensure that the Miracle-Gro Liquafeed Sprayer disperses the mixture properly.
To do that, soak the sprayer in warm, soapy water for about 10 minutes. That should be enough to clear out the debris and chemical residues blocking the sprayer nozzle.
Use a small brush or pin to clear out any remaining debris or residue from the nozzle. You can also look up nozzle cleaning kits to clean them as they are more effective in cleaning up debris.
- Shower Head Cleaner Tool : The small holes in shower heads are easily clogged and difficult to clean. Lumkew shower head cleaning brush is specially designed for this purpose, and it quickly unclogs the deposits that accumulate in the showerhead, restoring the strong waterflow
- Nylon Small Bristles: Compared to traditional cleaning tools, the bristles of the shower head are small enough to penetrate all the narrow nozzles and easily unclog the buildup. Makes cleaning efficient
- Hexagonal Non-Slip Handle: Ergonomic design is easy to apply force and gently rotates straight to the inside of shower holes, and the frosted texture is stable and non-slip to prevent the brush from falling off when cleaning
- Individually Packaged for Easy Storage: Individual brush covers are designed to effectively protect each brush for re-use. Storage box keeps 20 nozzle brushes organized for placement in the bathroom, kitchen, anywhere
And you should be good to go!
Be careful! Those chemical residues of Miracle-Gro can be toxic to human skin. So take proper precautions before proceeding to clean up the nozzle.
Reason 4: Air Gap in the Hose
An air gap occurs when there’s a separation or gap between the end of the hose and the liquid fertilizer concentrate inside the container.
This can disrupt the proper suction and mixing of the concentrate with water, leading to dispensing issues.
Leakages or breaks in the hose or feeder can also lead to dispersion issues from your Miracle-Gro Liquafeed sprayer.
Check if the Miracle-Gro bottle is properly installed in the universal feeder.
Sometimes, an air gap can develop if the sprayer has not been properly primed. To prime the system, follow these steps:
- Turn off the water supply.
- Detach the hose from the sprayer.
- Turn on the water supply briefly to flush out any air from the hose.
- Reattach the hose to the sprayer while the water is off.
- Turn the water supply back on and start spraying. This should help eliminate any air gaps in the hose.
Inspect the hose and connections for any leaks. Even a small leak can introduce air into the system and disrupt the suction. Replace any damaged or leaking parts and ensure all connections are secure.
What is the ratio of Miracle-Gro LiquaFeed to water?
You should mix ⅓ capful(4tsp) Miracle-Gro Liquafeed into your garden mix in your watering can. It should allow you to soak around 20 sq feet area of soil.
Does Miracle-Gro go bad?
Yes, Miracle-Grow Liquid goes bad. But if stored properly, you can preserve them for around 3-10 years without worrying about going bad.
How long is Miracle-Gro good for once mixed with water?
You should use your Miracle-Gro solution within the first 24 hours after mixing with water. The mixture loses its chemical integrity after being diluted in the water for too long.
Hopefully, you enjoyed reading this guide on Miracle Gro Liquafeed Sprayer not dispensing.
Remember that Miracle-Gro contains urea from ammonia which can be toxic to human skin in high volume. This can lead to irritation in your eyes, skin, and respiratory tracts. So, be sure to wear safety gloves before spraying around your garden.
That’s all. Have a great day!
- Does Hot Shot Fogger Kill Roaches (Let’s Find Out) - September 4, 2023
- Miracle Gro Liquafeed Sprayer Not Dispensing (Easy Fixes) - August 31, 2023
- Havahart Trap Problems (4 Ways to Fix Them) - August 29, 2023